Friday, December 2, 2016

Bingo for Brycen

A few weeks ago, a few ladies put together a fundraiser for Brycen, "Bingo for Brycen." We could not believe the support the community has shown for our sweet boy and family. They spent countless hours of their own time working on this for 2 months. The event started at 5 P.M. and we pulled up at 5, the parking lot was already getting so full! We couldn't believe it. The committee had planned food for 250 people and we got a count of 503 that night. Running out of food within an hour. When I say we live in the best place/community I truly mean it! They come together for not only great events in ones life, but those events that are so hard and troubling. Some complain about how in small communities everyone knows everyone. For our community this is such a blessing. You need help they are there. We are now true witnesses of this. The out pouring of love and support has been beyond what we ever imagined. Bingo for Brycen was a huge success, raising roughly 4 times more than we initially hoped for. Some have asked what the event raised the night of, Numbers came in just around 30,000 in one night. We had around 120 silent auction baskets and 5 live auction items. We can not thank those who helped put the event together and those who donated or volunteered enough! We had family and friends travel 2.5 hrs on a week night to be there and support us, that means the world to us! I had chad do the Thank You speech, because I knew I would be a basket case. Which as I gave the committee members a gift, that is when my emotions came. My sister and her dear friend helped make some plaques that read " I BELIEVE there are ANGELS amoung us." I know not just our committee members are our angels, but everyone who has donated or helped us in any way. As strangers have walked up to us and given us money, to family who we know have sacrificed by donating, tears have been shed many many times. I find myself, several times a week, trying to explain to our girls that tears are for gratitude and joy and not just sadness. As I sent photos to Karli, who made Brycen's video, emotions came back to the surface and we know it will only get worse before it gets better. I know this fundraiser not only was a blessing to us but was a blessing to those who served us and put it together. Our Families have helped so much. Both Chad's parents businesses donated the bingo prizes, valued at $50 a piece. My mother put all the food together and ran it that night. Our ward family, who helps take care of our girls when we are gone, is such a blessing to us. I have learned many lessons through this trial, and one that is the biggest is to trust in the Lord! Next is, how to humble ourselves. Chad and I are both very independent people and as I have to ask for help, this is a huge deal and I am forever grateful for those that step in when I need it! Thank you! Brayli's school teacher Mrs. Johnson, also got involved by helping the kids at Afton Elementary donate for Brycen. They set up a jar in the office, where kids could donate. As Our own child would say, " Mom, what can I do, so I can earn some money for Brycen, so he can get better?" This was so heart warming, as my child is learning how to sacrifice her time and money for someone else and to serve. All the money from the schools turkey trot went to Brycen if I am correct. The school alone raised $1,500. These are kids K-3. I am forever grateful for Aaron Jenkins who was so willing to came and photograph " Bingo for Brycen." Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to everyone! Here are some photos of the event and from the school. I wish I could share them all, but there are way too many :)

No comments:

Post a Comment